Thursday, November 4, 2010

Factory Black - Part I




I started planning this photo shoot up to a month before hand, just so that everything would run smoothly and there was nothing that could possibly go wrong on the day. I had confirmation from the creative team, sourced the location and had mental images of exactly how the shoot would look.


The only thing that could stand in my way was the weather.


So naturally, it rained.


But as if that wasn't nasty enough, the model cancelled not half an hour before the shoot preparation was to begin.


Devastated that the shoot may not be able to go ahead, everyone got on the phone trying to find someone to fill in last minute.


At this stage I had Jacinta, (the make up artist) Danica (the hair stylist) her friend Tom (who just so happened to be a photographer and my Mum (who was at the shoot to be my photography mentor) all at my house ready to shoot.


As we couldn't find anyone else to fill in, I got peer pressured into becoming the model for my own photo shoot. I was pretty awkward about it at first, and also sad that I wouldn't be able to do what I really enjoy (take the photos!) but in the end it all turned out fine. Both Debbie & Tom were pretty fantastic on the photography front as you can see, even though model/fashion photography isn't the style of either photographer!








Make Up Artist: Jacinta you are Beauty
Hair Stylist: Danica Daley
Wardrobe stylist: Ricky James Flynn - http://rickyjamesflynnstylist.blogspot.com/
Photographers: Deborah Halls & Tom Donoghoe - 
http://tomdonoghoe.blogspot.com/http://debhalls.blogspot.com/
Artistic Direction & Editing: Rebekah
Model: Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment